Latest Helpline Report
FY21 June 2021 Helpline Report
Help seeker call volume in June 2021 (n=35) recorded an 40% decrease over May calls. Overall web traffic increased 40% in June over May traffic (n=7,454); traffic to the Center’s main site also recorded an increase (44%).
Callers in the Southern region (Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Montgomery, Prince George’s, St. Mary’s) increased 7% in June; callers from Montgomery county increased 9%. Sports gambling as accessed through the Internet as main gambling problem increased 14% in June.
Requests for Maryland Self-Exclusion increased 11% over the previous month. Internet as primary source of the helpline number increased 11% in June.
FY 2021 Helpline Report
- FY21 July 2020 Helpline Report
- FY21 August 2020 Helpline Report
- FY21 September 2020 Helpline Report
- FY21 October 2020 Helpline Report
- FY21 November 2020 Helpline Report
- FY21 December 2020 Helpline Report
- FY21 January 2021 Helpline Report
- FY21 February 2021 Helpline Report
- FY21 March 2021 Helpline Report
- FY21 April 2021 Helpline Report
- FY21 May 2021 Helpline Report
- FY21 June 2021 Helpline Report
The goal of the Maryland Center of Excellence on Problem Gambling is to promote healthy and informed choices for individuals and communities.
The Maryland Center of Excellence on Problem Gambling promotes healthy and informed choices regarding gambling and problem gambling through treatment, prevention, training and education, outreach and public awareness, research and public policy. It does so by working closely with appropriate state stakeholders and bringing together experts from a variety of disciplines including psychiatry, medicine, epidemiology, social work, law and others.