For some, gambling activity can get out of control and start to negatively affect their life and all those around them:
- Preoccupation with gambling.
- Becoming secretive about gambling habits
- Increasing the amount of money spent on gambling
- Restless or irritable when not gambling
- Gambling to escape problems
- Trying to win back losses by more gambling
- Lying to family and others about the extent of gambling
- Jeopardizing or losing relationships, jobs, etc.
- Relying on others for a bail out
Click Here to take a Self-Evaluation of your gambling habits.
A conversation with a Problem Gambling Peer Support Specialist can provide the needed support on the road to a healthier and happier life, whether its support to the individual gambler or to family members.
Peers have lived experience with gambling addiction issues and can support the path to recovery by:
- Access to counseling treatment at no cost for individuals and family members.
- Connection to resources for all Maryland residents that will support the recovery process.
- Provide continued support and encouragement so the whole family can continue to work toward healthier goals.
You are not alone. There is help and hope.
Call or Text TODAY
And ask to speak with a Peer.
(it’s free and confidential)